An association for alumni and supporters of The Daily Texan

Friends of The Daily Texan

Friends of The Daily Texan

Friends of The Daily Texan

Contact Information
Friends of The Daily Texan, Inc.
#806
1401 Lavaca St
Austin, TX 78701

[email protected]

Friends donation to boost digital needs of The Daily Texan

A portion of money raised during a recent fund-raising campaign by Friends of The Daily Texan, Inc.  will be used to support the online effort of the student newspaper at the University of Texas.
The board of directors of the Friends group recently voted to fully fund for a 12-month period the cost of infrastructure, web tools and technical support for the student newspaper’s recently relaunched website, thedailytexan.com.
In addition, a portion of the grant would also allow employment of an intern to provide assistance and technical help in support of further growth and development of the website.
The board of directors approval of the $5,000 grant indicated a desire to provide needed support and assistance to the digital effort of The Texan and its staff.
“We thought it important to show our support for The Texan and its digital efforts by providing funding to support tools, product and infrastructure needs as Texan staffers continue to work to build an audience and improve the website,” a board statement said.

The ongoing Friends of The Daily Texan fund-drive has reached $31,460.

You may view the list of recent donors here:

https://www.friendsofthedailytexan.org/donors-to-the-texan/

It is not too late to make a donation. Please donate here: https://www.friendsofthedailytexan.org/donations/

About The Friends of  The Daily Texan, Inc.:

The Friends group is a non-profit organization, with funds coming from membership fees and donations, but the main source of funds for Texan scholarships and projects is the annual dinner.

The Friends provides four annual scholarships to Texan staffers. An additional grant is funded by Jerry and Becky Conn, and two additional grants are provided by John McConnico and Jean-Marc Bouju.

Other Friends group support includes editorial and special project needs, purchase of photo and video equipment, assistance in bringing the Texan archives online, donations to Horn Raiser and other funds supporting The Texan and other items as they arise.