An association for alumni and supporters of The Daily Texan

Friends of The Daily Texan

Friends of The Daily Texan

Friends of The Daily Texan

Contact Information
Friends of The Daily Texan, Inc.
#806
1401 Lavaca St
Austin, TX 78701

[email protected]

Friends of the Texan

Today, thanks to your generous support, we made public our call to keep The Daily Texan daily by publishing our open letter to the TSM Board as a full-page ad! If you cannot get your hands on a printed copy of the Texan, the ad can be seen here.

We have also raised enough funds to purchase an additional half-page ad in Friday’s Daily Texan. We will use that ad to announce the next stage of our campaign: The creation of an independent Texan alumni association, Friends of the Texan, tasked with promoting the publication’s long-term sustainability as a site of student press innovation.

Friends of the Texan will provide financial support, mentorship and networking opportunities for The Daily Texan and its staff as it transitions into the digital age. We are currently looking for volunteers interested in helping build Friends of the Texan into a lasting enterprise, as well as feedback as to what such an organization should look like. To volunteer or share your ideas, please e-mail us at [email protected].

Daily Texan alumni have reached the highest pinnacles of journalism and launched many successful careers. Your expertise and involvement will go a long way toward making Friends of the Texan an influential force for good in the future of The Daily Texan.

We also remind you that the TSM Board will meet this Friday, March 1, at 1 p.m. in FAC 328 to pass a budget for next year. This meeting is open to the public, and we encourage those in Austin to attend.

Sincerely,
Friends of the Texan