An association for alumni and supporters of The Daily Texan

Friends of The Daily Texan

Friends of The Daily Texan

Friends of The Daily Texan

Contact Information
Friends of The Daily Texan, Inc.
#806
1401 Lavaca St
Austin, TX 78701

[email protected]

Lisa Nhan named Spring Texan Managing Editor

Lisa Nhan, a business management and government senior, has been named Managing Editor for the Spring Semester at The Daily Texan.

Here is Lisa’s bio:

“My name is Lisa Nhan, and I’m a business management and government senior from Houston. I started at the Texan as a general news reporter during my freshman year and haven’t left since. In my time at the Texan, I’ve been News Editor, Associate Managing Editor and served on the inaugural Diversity and Inclusion Board. I also spent my last academic year at the Texan as a Projects Reporter, where I broke investigative stories on hazing. The basement has been my home on this campus. The growth I’ve experienced here is unparalleled to any other organization I’ve ever been a part of. It has been such an honor to work with some of the best student journalists in this country and to help keep this campus informed.
“My hope as the next Managing Editor is to give back to the Texan what it has given to me. This paper has only gotten better each year I’ve been apart of it, and I hope to do it justice in the coming months. My goals include expanding our digital content and strategies, growing our Diversity and Inclusion efforts, and offering more professional workshops and opportunities for our staffers. When I’m not in the basement, you can usually find me studying Constitutional Law (my other passion!) or baking in my tiny apartment.”