An association for alumni and supporters of The Daily Texan

Friends of The Daily Texan

Friends of The Daily Texan

Friends of The Daily Texan

Contact Information
Friends of The Daily Texan, Inc.
#806
1401 Lavaca St
Austin, TX 78701

[email protected]

Dean Bernhardt reappointed as dean of Moody College of Communication

Congratulations Dean Jay Bernhardt on reappointment as Dean of Moody College of Communication at the University of Texas at Austin. Announcement below from Moody and Dean Bernhardt and a congratulations from Friends of The Daily Texan.
From Moody College of Communication:
Dean Jay Bernhardt has been reappointed for a second six-year term as dean of Moody College of Communication. Over the next six years, he will lead #TEXASMoody to become the most impactful communication college in the world.
“My hope for Moody in the coming years is that we retain the things that make us excellent and impactful, most importantly our people, while leaning into the rapid changes of our industries to remain innovative and transformational in everything we do,” Bernhardt said.
Congrats,

Dean Bernhardt!

From Friends of The Daily Texan:
Dean Bernhardt has worked with vigor to make Moody College of Communication the recognized leader among its peers at top universities across the country. He and his staff have also supported The Daily Texan as it charts its course in a multi-platform world, strongly supporting The Texan and Texas Student Media. As a result, The Texan remains a strong editorial voice for the UT community and Texas Student Media has become a model of financial success during a challenging time for student media.
The Friends of The Daily Texan congratulates Dean Bernhardt, and looks forward to continuing to assist The Texan, TSM and Moody by funding needed projects, scholarships for Texan staff members and other needs as they arise. Hook’em!